Oct 15, 2020
FLIBS 2020 COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Fort Lauderdale Boat Show 2020 COVID-19 Health & Safety Precautions
With the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show moving forward as planned despite the global COVID-19 health crisis, organizers of the event will be deploying a number of public health and safety measures to keep staff, exhibitors, and visitors protected. Partners Marine Industries Association of South Florida (MIASF) and Informa Markets, who own and produce the show respectively, will be taking FLIBS 2020 safety precautions before, during, and after shows to keep everyone safe and prevent the spread of the dangerous illness.
Informa released an official list of public health and safety standards it will be deploying at their events called Informa AllSecure. Informa AllSecure standards will be deployed at the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show. The event will also follow official government and local authority regulations as well as Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAS) standards. Below is a brief overview of the Fort Lauderdale Boat Shoe 2020 COVID-19 health and safety measures organizers will be deploying.
Public Health and Safety Procedures Before the Show
- Enhanced, deep cleaning before each day’s events utilizing overnight disinfection, electrostatic sprayers with EPA biodegradable disinfectants, and continuous sanitation in high traffic public areas.
- Increase the number of points of entry and exits for improved traffic flow and social distancing.
- Reconfiguring of workspaces and common areas to enable social distancing.
- Installation of touch-less hand sanitizer dispensers and temperature thermal imaging system at entryways and common areas.
- Hand cleaning stations will be placed throughout the venue(s).
- Hiring of an increased and enhanced cleaning and disinfection staff.
- Floor markings and signage to be placed throughout the venue to encourage social distancing.
- Training all staff of new standard operation procedures prior to the show’s opening.
Health and Safety Precautions During the Show
- Face masks will be required for all staff and guests with other face coverings like shields highly encouraged.
- People who have trouble breathing due to chronic preexisting condition will not be required to wear a mask. People who are not able to remove face coverings without assistant will also exempt.
- Social distancing of at least six feet will be maintained at all times.
- Family members residing together are exempted from keeping six feet apart from each other.
- Visitors may experience temperature screenings at entrances.
- Capacity limits as required by the city of Fort Lauderdale will be enforced. As of now, the show will only let in enough guests to retain a 30 square feet per person capacity.
- Plexiglass sneeze guards installed at entrance ticket scanning stations, checkout counters, and guest relations desks to divide guests and staff.
- Continuous disinfection of door handles, dining tables, and other high frequency touchpoints using regular cleaning methods and electrostatic fogging.
Sanitation and Cleaning Measures After The Show
- Enhanced, deep cleaning after each day’s events utilizing overnight disinfection, electrostatic spraying, and continuous sanitation especially around bathrooms, entryways, and dining areas.
- Transportation System buses and water taxis will be deep cleaned and disinfected every night with high touch areas disinfected after every drop off.
- If there is an increase in COVID-19 cases due to the show and it becomes necessary, event organizers will work with local authorities to trace and contact participants at our events.
To learn more information on Informa AllSecure and read all the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show 2020 COVID-19 health & safety standards click here.
Yacht Management South Florida, Inc. is yacht management company with our own full-service boatyard in Fort Lauderdale, FL where we provide South Florida boat hull painting services. Our team of yacht managers and technicians work together to ensure complete yacht care and stress-free yacht ownership to all our clients. Send us a message or call (954) 941-6447 today to learn more about our reasonably priced services.