Mar 07, 2022
Travel to The Bahamas: An Island Guide
Are you planning to travel to the Bahamas on your boat or yacht for a vacation? With the help of our South Florida marina, we are offering a complete Bahamian island guide to help you navigate the many islands that encompass the Bahamas. As the site of Columbus’s first landfall in America, the Bahamas has a huge story to tell with plenty of historic sights to see and breathtaking beaches.
At Yacht Management, we offer professional yacht services in the Bahamas, making our team no stranger to the over 2,000 islands and cays that make up the Bahamas. With the most beautiful beaches in the world, exotic food, and historic sights, there is truly something for everyone to enjoy when they plan a trip to the Bahamas.
Best Time to go to the Bahamas
The best time to visit the Bahamas is generally around mid-December to mid-April. Although this is peak season, we recommend planning your travel to the Bahamas at least 3-6 months in advance. Prices for the Bahamas are normally at their most expensive around this time, but the weather is the best, especially during these months.
Our superyacht management team recommends being careful with planning your trip to the Bahamas around June through the end of November, as it is peak hurricane season. Although the crowds may be lighter, there is an obvious risk, especially when traveling to the Bahamas by boat or charter.
March to Mid-April is spring break season, meaning that the Bahamas will be in full swing with plenty of large crowds and party groups. The rainy season in the Bahamas is typically around May through November.
Things to do in the Bahamas
When you travel to the Bahamas you are voyaging to some of the best beaches in the whole world. There are plenty of things to do in the Bahamas, from visiting secluded white-sand beaches to taking a boating trip to discover incredible islands and snorkel above colorful coral reefs. With our Bahamas travel guide, here are some fun things to do as you navigate the many different island adventures that await.
- Visiting Pig Island offers tourists the opportunity to swim with pigs in Exumas. Spend the day on Major Cay and have a splash in the crystal water with some new friends. The pigs love welcoming guests to their uninhabited island. Pig Beach has become a huge tourist attraction in recent years and is definitely on the list of things to do in the Bahamas.
- Stroll through downtown Nassau and spend some time at the historic pirate museum. It is a fun and educational experience, while half of the self-guided tour takes place in a replica wooden ship with wax models and live animated scalawags performing.
- Snorkeling off the coast is such a fun thing to do in the Bahamas. There are plenty of opportunities to find bright coral reefs, plenty of fish, and stingrays.
- Atlantis casino, aquarium, and waterpark. The perfect trip for a fun day in the sun, Atlantis is home to a 141-acre waterpark called Aquaventure. Pumping more than 20 million gallons of water throughout all the water slides and the relaxing lazy river.
- Pink Sands Beach stretches to nearly the length of the island, and it’s protected by the third-longest barrier reef in the world. Spend the day relaxing on the pink-hued beach enjoying the chill surf and beautiful crystal water.
How Long Does it Take to Get to the Bahamas By Boat?
Travelers headed to the Bahamas can expect the journey to take roughly about 2.5-4, hours depending on your location within Florida. The western islands of the Bahamas are only 50 miles from the east coast of Florida, making it the perfect day trip. With some prep and planning, you can comfortably travel to the Bahamas in a modest-sized boat, a trawler, or even a large yacht.
Be sure to prepare accordingly and take the proper documentation required to get into the Bahamas. U.S. citizens are generally expected to bring a U.S. passport and proof of anticipated departure from the Bahamas.
Prepping Your Boat or Yacht for a Trip to the Bahamas
Before planning your trip and travel to the Bahamas, be sure your boat or yacht gets serviced for the journey prior! At South Florida Yacht Management we offer a wide range of yacht maintenance and management services to ensure your yacht is ready when you are. We offer exceptional gelcoat refinishing and boat hull painting in Fort Lauderdale.
Contact our yacht management company today and reap the benefits of our South Florida boat bottom cleaning services. We are confident that we can provide the expert service you demand - at competitive pricing.