Welcome to the Sunshine State, where crystal-clear waters and sun-soaked horizons beckon the world's maritime elite to gather once again at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS). As the largest in-water boat show on the planet, FLIBS is ready to raise anchor from October 25th to October 29th, 2023, promising a flotilla of new yachts and nautical marvels. Join us as we explore the waves of anticipation for what to expect at FLIBS 202
What to Expect at a Boat Show in Fort Lauderdale This Year
FLIBS has long been hailed as the ultimate showcase for yachts and watercraft. This year's event is no exception, boasting an impressive fleet of new launches and showstoppers from renowned shipyards. Here are some of the vessels making waves:
- Canados Gladiator 961: The Italian shipyard unveils the flagship, the Gladiator 961, a 29-meter speedster designed for speed and style. It can achieve eye-watering speeds of over 50 knots and comes with luxurious features, including an open-air cinema on the aft deck.
- Azimut Grande 36M: Azimut’s Grande 36M, the "little sister" to their 38-meter model, stands out with extensive use of glazing, an open-plan layout, and an eco-friendly high-efficiency hull design.
- Numarine 37XP: Turkish yacht builder Numarine presents the 37XP with a refined design by Can Yalman. The yacht boasts a 10-meter-long flybridge and space for a nine-meter tender, making it a must-see at FLIBS.
- Gulf Craft Majesty 111: Making its third continent appearance, the Majesty 111 wows with up to 40% more glazing, allowing natural light to cascade into its interiors.
- Ferretti Yachts 1000: Launched in 2021, this yacht packs impressive volume into a modest LOA, featuring substantial carbon fiber construction.
- Riva 76' Perseo Super: This Riva Perseo Super presents a hardtop evolution of the Italian shipyard’s earlier Perseo model, exuding luxury through mahogany and polished stainless steel.
- Wallywhy150: Wally Yachts' wallywhy150 offers unique features, including a 270-degree owner’s cabin located in the bow, providing 50% more living space compared to other yachts of its size.
- Viking 90: Inspired by previous Viking models, the Viking 90 caters to serious anglers, featuring a streamlined profile and an option for an enclosed or open bridge.
- Sunseeker Ocean 182: Sunseeker's Ocean 182 introduces a newly designed enclosed flybridge and a widebody hull with a 7.2-meter beam, offering spacious and open interiors.
- 80 Sunreef Power Eco: The 80 Sunreef Power Sól stands out with its eco-friendly design, featuring composite-integrated solar panels and custom-engineered battery banks for silent, fuel-free cruising.
- Princess Y95: The Y95 from Princess Yachts marks its North American debut, with a focus on expansive exterior spaces and a new layout.
- Sirena 78: The Sirena 78 introduces forward-thinking functionality with a versatile enclosed or semi-enclosed flybridge.
Yacht Technology and Industry Updates That Will Be on Display
FLIBS Highlights: The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show has evolved beyond just a showcase of yachts. Here are some show highlights:
- The Superyacht Village: Located at the Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina's new southern property, the Superyacht Village is set to host some of the world’s top yachts. It's where yacht builders meet prospective buyers, offering a taste of the best of the best.
- AquaZone: At the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, the AquaZone exhibition showcases water sports and marine products, perfect for yacht owners looking to add more fun to their water adventures.
- Technology and Seminars: FLIBS is a hub for showcasing the latest in boating technology, with over a thousand brands presenting cutting-edge design and gadgets. Attendees can also participate in seminars on a variety of topics, including coral reef restoration and mental health for superyacht staff.
- VIP Experiences: FLIBS offers top-tier experiences, such as the Windward VIP Club, with access to a premium open bar, chef-curated dishes, luxury activations, and private bathrooms. Additionally, the event includes upscale gatherings like the Fort Lauderdale Concours and culinary delights from Corporate Executive Chef Vagn Nielson.
What’s Beyond the Boats: Cutting Edge Technologies and Innovations:
The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS) is not just about yachts; it's a showcase for cutting-edge maritime technologies and innovations. Attendees can expect to witness a range of groundbreaking advancements, including:
- Sustainability Initiatives: Brands like Torqeedo and Oceanvolt will showcase electric propulsion systems and sustainable energy solutions. Visitors can explore Torqeedo's electric outboard motors and Oceanvolt's electric saildrive systems, which are eco-friendly alternatives for boaters.
- Connected Vessel Technologies: Leading companies like Garmin, Simrad, and Raymarine are expected to display their latest in marine electronics. These include advanced chart plotters, radar systems, and integrated onboard automation solutions that offer enhanced safety and navigation capabilities.
- Innovations in Water Toys: You can discover the latest water toys and tenders, including personal watercraft from Sea-Doo and Yamaha. The show often features underwater scooters like the Sublue Navbow and Seabob, as well as inflatable gadgets and towables from brands like Jobe and Airhead.
- Advancements in Nautical Gear: ACR Electronics and Lewmar are known for their high-tech gear. ACR Electronics specializes in safety and survival equipment, including emergency beacons and personal locator beacons. Lewmar focuses on innovative anchoring and mooring systems, such as windlasses and bow thrusters.
Beyond Boats: Luxury Cars, Aviation, and Extravaganzas:
- Luxury Car Displays: Prestigious automakers like Lamborghini, Bentley, and Rolls-Royce often participate in FLIBS. Attendees can admire and explore their latest models. Classic and exotic car collectors may also showcase their prized vehicles.
- Aviation Displays: While not a guarantee, some editions of FLIBS have featured aviation exhibits. These could include private jets and helicopters from companies like Gulfstream Aerospace and Airbus Corporate Jets. Visitors can get an up-close look at the opulent world of luxury air travel.
- Extravagant Parties: FLIBS hosts exclusive events and parties. These gatherings often include brands like Dom Pérignon, Lamborghini, and Feadship Yachts. Expect gala dinners, cocktail soirées, and after-show celebrations that epitomize luxury and elegance.
Economic Impact and Industry Significance:
- Economic Driver: The show serves as a launchpad for many yacht brands to unveil their latest models. For example, Princess Yachts may introduce its flagship Y95 model, highlighting the significance of FLIBS for manufacturers.
- Boosting Local Economy: FLIBS attracts thousands of global visitors, leading to fully booked hotels. This drives substantial business to local establishments. Notable Fort Lauderdale hotels like the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach, a DoubleTree by Hilton, often see high demand during the event.
- Maritime Services Hub: Beyond the exhibition, FLIBS reinforces Fort Lauderdale's status as the "Yachting Capital of the World." Local businesses such as National Marine Suppliers, a leading yacht provisioning company, play a vital role in supporting the event.
- Marine Industry Advancement: The event fosters innovation and industry collaborations. Expect companies like Marine Research Hubs to offer seminars on cutting-edge topics, such as coral reef restoration. Experts from FWC Officers and the Ocean Rescue Alliance may discuss lobster hunting and sustainable practices.
FLIBS consistently offers a diverse range of maritime technologies and luxury experiences. Attendees can anticipate a showcase of the latest innovations, whether they're interested in yacht construction, nautical gear, sustainable technologies, luxury cars, aviation, or exclusive social events. The show remains a prominent fixture on the global yachting and luxury lifestyle calendar.
Come Speak to Our South Florida Yacht Management Team
We are delighted to announce that our team will be present at the upcoming 2023 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. As a professional provider of yacht management services, we eagerly anticipate the opportunity to engage with our valued clients and esteemed colleagues in this vibrant yacht industry event. When you stop by, be sure to say “Hello!”
If you’re looking for a leader among yacht management companies to care for your vessel, then know that collaborating with our dedicated Fort Lauderdale yacht management team opens the door to a comprehensive suite of yacht care services that truly set us apart in the industry. Our esteemed professionals in South Florida bring their expertise to the forefront, exemplified by our extensive collection of informative yacht blog articles. These articles serve as a valuable knowledge repository for emerging yacht enthusiasts, delving deep into the intricate world of yacht management.
Should you be interested in our diverse service offerings or are in need of guidance on tailoring the perfect level of care to match your unique needs, we openly invite you to contact our seasoned professionals. Initiating contact is straightforward, whether you choose our user-friendly online contact form or a simple phone call. Be assured that we are prepared to be a valuable addition to your maritime team, eagerly anticipating the privilege of preparing your vessel for its next remarkable voyage. Your yacht deserves nothing less than the utmost care, and that's precisely what we deliver.